Experience the sport of sailing at Abbotsford 12ft Sailing Club.
The club offers affordable opportunities to all ages to experience the exciting sport of sailing
- For children (8 - 14 yrs) we offer an 8 week course that covers all basic sailing skills and boat handling techniques. We run 2 courses - one before and one after Christmas. Please please register your interest via the Learn to Sail page.
- For older youth and adults, we offer 4 week courses throughout the season to introduce participants to the sport. For more information: e-mail.
- Each course is run on Saturday mornings - 10:00 - 12:00
- All participants need to:
- be prepared to get wet and have fun!
- be able to swim and be confident in deep water.
- All boats, instructors and safety equipment for the course will be provided by the club
- Our fleet of Optimist dinghies were provided by the Boating Industry Association.
- Our Learn to Sail Sailing program has been kindly supported by Canada Bay Club via CDSE category II funding
After completing the 8 week course, children have the opportunity to join our junior fleet for afternoon racing and continue their skill develoipment, including particpating in regattas at other clubs.
If you are interested in seeing the club facilities or getting further information, you are invited to arrnage a vsiti to the clubhouse on a Saturday morning (from 11:30 am) by sending an e-mail